Mike Dunlop earned his cooking degree from Malaspina University in 1992. Since completion of his certification Mike has held various top culinary positions in notable Victoria establishments such as Topo’s and The Inn at Laurel Point.
Mike joined the culinary team at the Chateau Victoria in 1998 and has been an integral part of the team that has put Vista 18 and Clive’s Classic Lounge on the culinary map in Victoria. Mike’s achievements include numerous awards as well as being an active participant in helping raise funding and awareness for the “Save Madrona Farm” initiative.
Awards & Nominations
- 2011 – Savouries, Sweets & Sips Chef Challenge – People’s Choice Savoury Award
- 2010 – Cops for Cancer Rib Fest – 1st Place Chef’s Choice & Best Overall
- 2006 – Grand Marnier Dessert Challenge – 1st Prize
- 2005 – Grand Marnier Dessert Challenge – People’s Choice
- 2004 – Black Box Competition – 1st Place
- 2002 – Vista 18 Nominated for Restaurant of the Year
- 2001 – Grand Marnier Competition – Media’s Choice Award
- 2000 – Chef Live Cook Competition – Semi-Finalist
Jonathan brings over 30 years of food & beverage expertise to the Chateau Victoria, with his career in restaurants beginning in Ontario and finally leading him to Victoria. With recent management experience in Dubai, Jonathan’s insight is exactly what our globally recognized hotel needs. Both Vista 18 and Clive’s Classic Lounge have already benefited immensely from his hands-on leadership.